Sunday, May 11, 2014

Grown Up Ants on a Log


I don't know about you, but we are having some picnic weather here today in Portland! A great, easy snack for packing up to take to the park is ants on a log. Traditionally made with celery, peanut butter and raisins- O decided on a more grown up version for myself. :)

To make these ants on a log you will need:

  • A couple stalks of celery, washed and cut into 3-4" pieces
  • Chevre (a tangy goat cheese for those of you unfamiliar with it--yum!)
  • Dried cranberries (mine are organic and were purchased at Trader Joe's)

  • Just wash and cut up your celery, and then use a butter knife to spread your chevre onto each piece. Dot the top with your cranberry "ants" and you are ready to serve! When taking these on a picnic I will usually spread the cheese onto each celery stalk, and then loosely sandwich two pieces together to put in a sandwich bag. I then pull them apart at the park and put on the cranberries right before I am ready to serve.


    Yum! One of my favorite summer snacks (absolutely no cooking/baking required!). What are some of your favorite picnic snacks?



    No comments:

    Post a Comment