Saturday, February 26, 2011

Make Your Own: Rubber Stamps


Today I decided to make my own rubber stamp. Above you will see all the tools I used to create it: linoleum cutting tools, a 2.5" x 2.5" Artist Carving Block(they are like those worthless white plastic erasers you used to be required to buy for school--at least I was required to buy them) stamping ink and paper. Start with any image you like (it's easiest if it has bold lines or is black and white. Carve out the negative space (the space you don't want to be inked on the paper) if you use words, keeps in mind you will get a mirror image of what you carve, so plan accordingly.



Here is my final image. I did a little tornado landscape kinda thing. I was pretty uninspired, but it turned out kinda cute, I'm just glad I don't live in that lonely little house that is about to get eaten. NOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment